Livelihood Project Officer
WWF-Laos, part of WWF-Greater Mekong’s regional programme, is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife.
WWF-Lao Country Office is seeking to recruit two well-qualified and experienced Lao National to fill the vacant position of Livelihood Project Officer based in Pakse.
Project Officer - Livelihood (full-time)
Base location: Pakse, Champassak Province
This post is with the Conservation and sustainable use of aquatic natural resources in Siphandone project. The post holder will work as part of a team based in Pakse, and travel frequently to project sites (Khong and Mounlapamok districts). His or her specific role is to implement, in collaboration with local partners, extension work with the communities through the livelihood support activities funded by the project.
· Bachelor’s degree or diploma in agriculture, natural resource management, environment or other relevant fields
· Knowledge of natural resource management and agricultural extension issues in Laos
· 3 years of practical experience as Project Officer, 2 years of which should be in related fields
· Experience in community participatory consultation processes (e.g. PRA)
· Experience of working in cooperation with Government officials and local communities
· Fluency in written and spoken English an advantag
Detailed Job Descriptions of the positions are posted on www.panda.org and available upon request. Interested candidates should email a cover letter mentioning the position applied for together with CV in English to: email@example.com
Closing date: November 22th 2013
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF-Laos does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
WWF-Laos is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce