Protected Area Officer In Salavanh and SekongWWF-Laos Country Office is seeking to recruit an early career Lao National to work as a Protected Area Officer on the Carbon and Biodiversity Project (CarBi Project) in Salavanh and Sekong Provinces.
Base Location:Salavan Town, Salavanh Province with frequent travel to mountainous areas in both Salavanh and Sekong Provinces
The Protected Area Officer will provide support to the Protected Area Manager in the management, planning and reporting of law enforcement patrols, implementation of law enforcement training and field monitoring of project activities. In addition, the incumbent will ensure close collaboration between project staff / management, partners and other relevant stakeholders within the Xe Sap National Protected Area landscape.
The Consultant is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in natural resource management, environment, and/or forest / forestry management
- Basic understanding of protected area management concepts
- Familiarity working with government counterparts
- At least two years experience in protected area and/or natural resource management
- Previous experience with ranger patrols is desirable
- Good knowledge of local conditions will be an advantage.
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with high ability to prepare written reports.
- Ability to conduct analytical assessment
- Good level of spoken English
- English writing ability will be an advantage.
- Well organized and strong time management skills.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, CV with latest photos, available degrees and qualifications to: email@example.com. With attention to Khammone Luangsackda, Protected Area Manager-Xe Sap NPA.
Closing date: May 10th 2013.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.