Eastern Plains Landscape (EPL) Manager, WWF-Cambodia
From its origins as a small group of committed wildlife enthusiasts, WWF has grown into one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations – supported by 5 million people and active in over 100 countries on five continents.
The Eastern Plains Landscape (EPL) of Cambodia is recognised as a site of global biodiversity importance and is a top priority landscape within the Lower Mekong Dry Forests Ecoregion. Within this context WWF-Cambodia is looking for a qualified Eastern Plains Landscape (EPL) Manager who will play the lead role in the planning, coordination, and management of the WWF effort to conserve this unique landscape. S/he is responsible for all aspects of this work, including the planning, management, financial, and administrative aspects of the landscape programme. S/he oversses project execution consistent with programme objectives, engaging national counterparts and building a reputation for quality design and reliable delivery. The position is to be based in Senmonorom, Mondulkiri Province, Cambodia
What you need:
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• Master’s degree in natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, bioregional planning, development studies, or in relevant fields
• 5 years of practical experience in leading and managing programme or project, 2 years of which should preferably be in Cambodia
• Proven experience of managing programmes funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies,private sector donors with annual budgets of 1-2 million USD
• Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Cambodia
• Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, functions, governmental and international relations
• Fluency in written and spoken English; Khmer language skills an advantage
Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
For detailed job description, please visit the Employment page of cambodia.panda.org
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to WWF-Cambodia, #21, Street 322, Sangkat Beng Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh. Attention: Mr. Pheap Mono, Human Resources Manager or via email address: email@example.com with the subject line EPL Manager. Please state where you saw this advertisement.
Deadline for applications: 17 May 2013.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.