Communications Officer, WWF-CambodiaFrom its origins as a small group of committed wildlife enthusiasts, WWF has grown into one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations – supported by 5 million people and active in over 100 countries on five continents.
WWF-Cambodia is looking for a qualified Communications Officer who will support the development, implementation and monitoring of internal and external communications strategy and action plan for WWF-Cambodia. Based in Phnom Penh, with travels to project sites, the incumbent will work with members of the Communications Department and Conservation Programme to deliver campaigns & events, achieve production of communications/marketing and media assets, strengthen media relations, and promote brand and information sharing.
Applicants need to have following qualifications, skills and competencies:
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, media relations or in relevant fields
* 3 years of practical experience in communications or public relations or journalism, including strategic communications, experience in producing compelling stories and understanding (or experience) about using public events to capitalise media and communications opportunities.
* Skills of presentation, communications and negotiation
* Experience in working with journalists, media agencies
* Basic knowledge of environmental and conservation issues,
* Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and/or international organisations is preferred
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Khmer
* Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to WWF-Cambodia, #21, Street 322, Sangkat Beng Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh. Attention: Mr. Pheap Mono, Human Resources Manager or via email address: email@example.com with the subject line communications officer.
Deadline for applications: 03 May 2013.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.