CONSERVATION PROGRAMME MANAGER, WWF-VietnamWWF-Vietnam is one country component of the WWF Greater Mekong and is the implementing arm for projects in Vietnam mainly in Central Annamites, Southern Annamites and the Mekong Delta. Our major activities focus on Freshwater, Forestry, Marine and Aquaculture, Agriculture and Agroforestry, Policy and Advocacy.
We are currently seeking for an well-qualified and experienced Vietnamese candidate to fill a full-time position of VIETNAM CONSERVATION PROGRAMME MANAGER. The position will be based in Hanoi city, Vietnam.
The Conservation Programme Manager is responsible for the implementation of the Country Conservation Plan that is aligned with deliverables defined in the Greater Mekong Programme Strategic Plan. He/she provides measurable inputs to ensure the delivery of the activities of conservation strategy at country office level. He/she manages the landscape projects through the Landscape Managers and partners with Strategy Managers to ensure the alignment. He/she will also ensure resource prioritisation and allocation and work plan coherence across the landscapes. He/she is also responsible for country projects that fall outside the landscapes
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, development studies, or in relevant fields
• Qualification in Program management
• Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Vietnam
• Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation in Vietnam
• Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, functions, governmental and international relations
• 7 years of practical experience in leading and managing integrated programme, experience in Vietnam and/or region will be advantage.
• Experience of managing programmes funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors
• Experience of working with GAA donors, and international institutions in the region e.g. ADB, ASEAN, and the Mekong River Commission
• Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring and evaluating action plans
• Strong Leadership and management skills as well as strategic thinking and decision making
• Excellent presentation and communications skills
Download detailed Job Description of the position and requirement for your futher information.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, CV and available degrees and qualifications in English to: Ms. Bui Thu Hien, HR Officer, WWF-Vietnam. Email: email@example.com, or post to WWF- Vietnam Office at D13 Thang Long International Village, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2013.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.