National Logistic Manager, Democratic Republic of Congo
WWF Central Africa Region Programme Office (CARPO) is looking for a National Logistic Manager.
Location and contract duration:
The role will be based in the Kinshasa region (Democratic Republic of Congo) and the duration of the contract is 2 years with possibility of extension.
Major Functions:The National Logistics Manager will be responsible for insuring that DRC programme has the operational capacity with regards to current and expected growth in the programme.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the travel, transport/vehicle management procedures are efficient and followed, in all of the country’s offices,
- Regularly update existing policies and procedures to comply with the operational context and WWF standards regarding transport/vehicle, equipment and infrastructure management, replacement of assets,
- Ensure appropriate tools for stock management, logistic material, equipment, hardware, storage procedures and facilities, including stock consumption and asset inventories are in place in sites,
- Ensure and manage directly an efficient organization of logistics and operations for the Kinshasa office
- Ensure audit follow up and implement recommendations on logistic systems
- Ensure the use of a monitoring system per office/sites
- Ensure appropriate processes and procedures are in place with regards to purchasing of assets and equipment and contracting with third parties.
- Act as safety and security focal point for DRC, ensures liaison with country focal point
- Ensure that a safety and security plan is in place and updated regularly according to changing conditions.
- Ensure that the country/field sites operate according to the highest security standards with regards to people and assets.
- Relevant university degree, preferably MSc degree or equivalent in logistics/operations management or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in humanitarian aid, conservation, development project experience with extensive experience in logistics at both field and head office levels.
- Knowledge of WWF policies and procedures or of an International Organization would be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong background with logistics systems and procedures (including asset control, requisition systems, procurement, warehousing, and distribution) in large scale operation context, experience with procurement systems
- Capacity to work in a multi-sector team, demonstrating leadership/guidance and coordination skills.
- Multiple language skills (French, English required)
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership
- Able to support and train local and international staff and also able to work with people in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Good communication skills (well developed written and oral communication skills) including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent procedure descriptions (guidelines, manuals)
- Adherence and commitment to WWF values.
How to apply?Applications including a cover letter and a CV should be sent to the attention of the Human Resource Manager by e-mail at email@example.com
or at the following address: 14, Avenue Sergent Moke, Concession Safricas, Commune de Ngaliema, Kinshasa, Dem. Republic of Congo.