How we do this
WWF takes an innovative, collaborative, science-based approach to achieve its twin goals of saving biodiversity and reducing humanity's impact on nature.
Programmes, Initiatives & Partnerships
Building on nearly 50 years of experience and an impressive track record we are driving large-scale, long-lasting changes from the local level to the global. This comes through a combination of:
- On-the-ground conservation
- High-level policy and advocacy
- Making business & industry more sustainable
- Engaging with multiple partners
Together with our valuable partners, these dedicated people are developing and implementing real solutions across the world – building a future in which people live in harmony with nature.
Building a Living Planet.
...and why do we do this?
because biodiversity and people are connected...
WWF has developed a science-based, strategic plan to achieve its goals. This global conservation framework:
- Uniquely combines traditional conservation with work to address the global dynamics driving biodiversity loss and humanity’s unsustainable use of natural resources
- Focuses efforts on the most important places, species, and footprint areas, and integrates this work from the local to the global levels
- Taps into the enormous power we all have – as consumers, local community members, landowners, politicians, policy makers, business & industry leaders, development & conservation workers, farmers, and fishers – to protect biodiversity and steer the world towards sustainability
- Be global, independent, multicultural and non-partisan politically.
- Use the best available scientific information to address issues and critically evaluate all our endeavours.
- Seek dialogue and avoid unnecessary confrontation.
- Build concrete conservation solutions through a combination of field-based projects, policy initiatives, capacity building, and education work.
- Involve local communities in the planning and execution of field programmes, respecting both cultural and economic needs.
- Strive to build partnerships with other organizations, governments, business, and local communities to enhance our effectiveness.
- Run our operations in a cost effective manner and apply donors’ funds according to the highest standards of accountability and transparency.