Environmental conservation work in the USA
For 50 years, WWF has been protecting the future of nature. The world’s leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by 1.2 million members in the United States and close to 5 million globally. WWF's unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.
WWF's vision is to build a future in which people live in harmony with nature.
Goal and Strategies
By 2020, WWF will conserve 15 of the world’s most ecologically important regions by working in partnership with others to:
- Protect and restore species and their habitats
- Strengthen local communities' ability to conserve the natural resources they depend upon
- Transform markets and policies to reduce the impact of the production and consumption of commodities
- Ensure that the value of nature is reflected in decisions made by individuals, communities, governments and businesses
- Mobilize hundreds of millions of people to support conservation