Call for applications for the Conservation Award GoWAMER / PRCM 2013
The prize referred to as «The Conservation Award, » will be awarded in November 2013 during the PRCM forum to be held in Dakar, Senegal.
I. Geographic and thematic area:
The initiatives that will be candidates for the price will be to primarily focus on conservation, development of marine and coastal resources or on an innovative activity in the creation of income-generating activities that generate socio - economic benefits for members of the West African communities PRCM and / or beneficiaries of the GoWAMER project.
II. Implementation of the PRCM/GoWAMER Prize
The 2013 «Conservation Award» edition has two distinctions:
• An award on conservation and sustainable management of marine and coastal resources initiatives;
• An award on income generating activities aiming to improve food security and poverty reduction.
Each award is set up of a trophy, an envelope of two million (2,000,000) CFA francs and an honorary diploma.
3.1. Selection Criteria
The criteria for the pre selection and final selection of the winners are:
A. For conservation of marine and coastal resources initiatives:
1. Relevance of the initiative in response to a problematic related to conservation of marine and coastal resources;
2. Reproducibility (local) and / or replicability (at national and sub-regional level);
3. Sustainability (environment friendly and respectful of biodiversity);
4. Implementation involving the initiators as well as other local actors.
B. For innovative income generating activities related to food security and / or poverty reduction:
1. Relevance of the initiative in response to a problematic related to conservation of marine and coastal resources
2. Innovation (valorization of traditional knowledge, introduction of new technologies, etc.).
3. Reproducibility (local) and / or replicability (at national and sub-regional level);
4. Promoting a creative and win - win partnership;
5. Sustainability (environment friendly and respectful of biodiversity);
6. Likely to generate valuable socio-economic and equitable benefits for local communities
7. Implementation involving the initiators as well as other local actors.
3.2. Selection procedures:
The selection of the best candidates will be done in two steps:
• The first step will be done with a pre-selection panel set up at the sub regional level. This pre selection will establish a shortlist of ten (10) candidates for the final selection;
• The second step of the final selection will be made by a panel that will be set up during the PRCM forum, scheduled from the 25th to 29th of November 2013 in Dakar - Senegal.
Applications will be submitted exclusively via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 20th 2013.