FLEGT VPA Project OfficerWWF-Laos is part of the WWF Greater Mekong, one of the biologically richest places on the planet, which works on environmental issues across Cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam. WWF-Laos established its presence in Laos starting in 2001 and in partnership with the government, has been implementing several projects in the areas of conservation of wildlife and natural resources; improvement of livelihoods/income generation and other relevant activities contributing to sustainable management of natural resources. One of the efforts is a project to support preparation for Common Access to Voluntary Partnership Agreement Process (FLEGT-VPA) Project.
Position: FLEGT Project Officer
Location: Vientiane, Lao PDR.
The FLEGT-VPA Officer provides support to the FLEGT-VPA Project Manager in planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and coordination of the Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade-Voluntary Partnership Agreement (FLEGT-VPA) Project to ensure compliance with project requirements and WWF’s contractual obligations, and to ensure close collaboration among the national project team, partners and other stakeholders in Laos.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in forestry, business administration or international law
- Additional qualifications in supporting project implementation, communication, business or marketing are an advantage.
- Knowledge of forestry policy, VPA/FLEGT process in Laos, timber legality and EU Timber Regulations (EUTR) aspects is an advantage;
- Knowledge of M&E methodologies, quality assurance
- At least 3-5 years of practical experience in international development projects in Laos, 2 years of which should be in forestry, natural resources, trade or related fields
- Experience in working with Lao Government counterparts and Lao NPAs.
- Experiences with forestry companies in Laos.
The detailed job description is posted on www.panda.org/jobs and available upon the request.
Interested candidates should apply by sending covering letter and CV with mention a position you apply for. Please submit your application in English to: email@example.com Human Resource Manager. Closing date: 16th February 2015
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.