- Improving the environmental performance of the forest products sector in West Africa
- Building capacity of local communities on the forest fringe
- Forming partnerships across West Africa to promote responsible forest management
- Influencing the developing Plantation and Wood Fuel sectors
- Engaging Governments, communities & companies to maximize benefits through REDD+
- Advising on land use planning
Conservation and the environment in Ghana
Nature and Development Foundation,
NDF West Africa
Nature and Development Foundation (NDF) c/o CAW - Centre for African Wetlands University of Ghana Zoology Department PO BOX 67 Legon Accra
+233 302 518 710
+233 302 518 709
NDF's current activities are targeted towards responsible forest management through WWF's Forest Sector Transformation Strategy (GFTN and NGPP) and effective Law Enforcement by participating in the Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) and Voluntary Partnership Agreement (VPA) to address the problem of illegal logging. It also focuses on improving rural livelihood while promoting sustainable forest management through various projects.
In view of NDF's interest in achieving tangible conservation targets and protection of forest resources in the Guinean Moist Forest, it welcomes partnerships that will bring additive values to its respective goals.