Major Duties & Responsibilities
- In close coordination with WWF-US Sustainable Finance team efforts, develops, implements and periodically updates an overall strategy and priorities for the WWF Network for the policy, political, and financial engagement with key multilateral institutions.
- Develops effective working relations and serves as lead contact and intermediary with the key/senior GCF, IDB and WBG staff and senior managers of other institutions.
- Works with WWF Network offices to develop substantive responses to strategies, policies and positions of multilateral institutions and provides to WWF staff information and specific training regarding trends within and partnership opportunities through or with these institutions.
- Leads the WWF GCF team and supports the WWF GCF Steering Committee or its successor institution to develop and oversee WWF’s strategy as a GCF international Accredited Entity.
- Works as a member of the WWF GCF core team, collaborating with the WWF GCF implementing team and with WWF national organizations, program offices and Network Global Practices to develop and implement a portfolio of transformational GCF projects.
- Catalyzes Network actions designed to secure access to multilateral influence and funding.
- Develops Network capacity to be able to effectively engage with WBG, IDB, GCF and other multilateral institutions as appropriate, particularly at the country level.
- Coordinates closely with network Partnerships and Policy groups, and ensures consistency of action with the Finance and Climate Practices in developing and implementing positive influence on the policies and programs of multilateral institutions.
- Develops and maintains WWF operations and systems which track the status of potential and actual contracts, grants and funds related to WWF activities. Leads the team to execute the strategy for engaging with a particular institution or set of institutions.
- Contributes to the identification of solutions to the political, social, scientific, and management issues that confront WWF in achieving its goals. Solves problems under complex circumstances.
- Internal: Interacts daily with WWF-US Goal Team staff, the Strategic Agreement Services, as well as Policy, Climate and other staff; coordinates with WWF Network Secretariat and Country Office staff as relevant.
- External: In addition to strong engagement with targeted multilateral institutions, frequently interacts with other GCF Accredited Entities, USAID and other US Government executive branch colleagues and high level staff, and other environmental and development NGOs.
Education and Experience
A Master’s degree in a related field. Candidates should have ten years’ experience in working with or for major multilateral/regional institutions, particularly the World Bank Group, the Inter-American Development Bank, or other international finance institutions.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience administering programs financed by multilateral institutions which support domestic and international conservation and/or climate action.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies to influence international institutions.
- Experience in administering, leading, and managing professionals engaged in development of policy and securing of multilateral and bilateral funding
- Experience working with NGO's engaged in the development of conservation policy and programs and working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural professional setting.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Spanish is strongly desired. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on program and project management.
- High-level of interpersonal skills are required. Especially relationship management skills and the ability to work as part of an international team.
- Negotiation and facilitation skills are crucial to this position.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and work accurately under time constraints.
- Please visit our Careers Page, Requisition #18000, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.