Specialist, Technology & ApplicationsLast year, WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Specialist, Technology & Applications for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International in Woking, United Kingdom.
The Role:This position assists the Technology and Applications team with hardware architecture and operations of WWF's network websites. It manages front end software requirements to ensure a smooth user experience and undertakes testing of systems, as well as conducts quick front end projects, develops and implements processes to increase the stability and efficiency of WWF's web presence. On a day-to-day basis, this role develops relationships with Vendors and WWF website owners located around the world.
- Acts as potential first-line support for mission critical issues in collaboration with other colleagues;
- Implements best practices for moving infrastructure into the cloud to attain the best value for money;
- Develops new functionality for the network cms;
- Use applications like Yslow or Google Page Speed to identify bottlenecks and improve site performance;
- Evaluates technologies and assesses where they would be applicable for implementation to better use available resources;
- Design databases in environments such as Oracle, MySQL or equivalents;
- Runs queries for ad hoc reporting;
- Researches and implements automation for infrastructure.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- University degree or equivalent significant working experience, preferably in computer Science;
- Experience working with Microservices architecture;
- Experience in running large websites;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Experience working with version control systems such as git;
- Experience with Coldfusion, Java;
- Experience with ANSI SQL, PL SQL and Transact SQL using Oracle & MySQL;
- Experience with jQuery plugins;
- Experience with Amazon web services will be an advantage;
- Ability to prepare statistical information, analyze and present results.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and external vendors.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Salary: circa £27,000
Deadline for applications: 22nd March 2017
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.