Human Resources Officer, WWF- UgandaThe World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world. We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF has a growing conservation programme in the Republic of Uganda. In that path, in other to achieve its conservation objectives, WWF Uganda is looking for a dynamic, innovative and open-minded Human Resources Officer who will provide support to the Country Director in ensuring WWF Uganda applies the highest standards in human resources management in order to facilitate the implementation of the Conservation Strategy.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Duration of contract: 3-year contract
- Assists in the Implementation of human resources management as per the Uganda Country Office Strategic Plan;
- Maintains personnel contracts and checks that they are compliant with both WWF and Uganda national standards;
- Assists line managers with advice on appropriate training and capacity building of personnel;
- Assists the Country Director in communication with all staff, in Uganda Country office and field staff as appropriate, on human resources matters that affect them;
- Carries out personnel recruitment, induction, performance appraisals, contract compliance, renewals and exits;
- Oversees payroll preparation;
- Responds to queries and requests for information;
- Maintains HR data and statistics and provide regular reports to the Country Director and SMT to facilitate continuous improvement;
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System;
- Carrying out regular internal audits on field projects on HR issues;
- Provides support to the administrative function in line with the departmental guidelines i.e. oversight in office welfare, allocation of work space, environment.
What you need:
- Masters in Human Resources Management, Organisational Psychology with bachelor’s degree in related field
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be a strong asset;
- Proven track record in Human Resources administration and management;
- Experience working with an International NGO is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years professional experience in human resources management at a senior level
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven skills in administration and management of human resource;
- Demonstrated experience in applying human resources management protocols;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counselling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good team work skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Engaging, Optimistic, Determined and Knowledgeable
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The subject should read UCO-HRO2017. Deadline for applications: 24 April 2017. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Female and Ugandan nationals applicants are encouraged.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce