Advocacy Intern WWF International 3 monthsWWF has an opening through its Youth Volunteer Internship Programme for a 3 month assignment at WWF International's Advocacy & Policy team.The position is only open to local candidates with a valid work permit.
Location: WWF International (Gland)
Assignment dates: March to mid-June 2017
Age Category: 19-27 years
Reports to: Head, Global Advocacy
Major functions: provide logistical, organizational and knowledge management assistance as part of a small team focusing on political, economic, foreign policy and other cross-cutting issues to support WWF’s policy priorities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work with a small team to organise and retrieve information pertaining to current international affairs with a focus on sustainable development, trade, foreign policy portfolios and other cross-cutting issues of governments;
- Assist a small team with logistics related matters including travel arrangements, event planning and management, and the planning and execution of various meetings;
- Organise internal meetings, take minutes and monitor follow-up;
- Support the GPA's global radar on priority areas and fora to help identify key events, opportunities and sticking points;
- Keep up-to-date, maintain and update the Global Policy and Advocacy Unit advocacy tools, including databases, internal website and calendar, as needed;
- Help research, organise and present information into briefs and presentations pertaining to particular multilateral dialogues as required;
- Support the drafting of policy briefings, letters and submissions and other products directed to the WWF Network and policy makers;
- Other major duties as requested by the Head, Global Advocacy.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Interest in international affairs and the environment;
- Excellent organizational and people skills;
- Capacity to work independently in an intense team environment;
- Ability to digest information from a variety of electronic, written and oral sources and produce clear analysis;
- Ability and enthusiasm in providing fast and accurate information and in implementing short term but demanding tasks;
- Ability to work in multicultural environment;
- Discretion, reliability, flexibility, accuracy;
- A strong working knowledge of English is necessary, additional languages a significant advantage;
- Highly computer literate, competent in use of spreadsheets and other electronic tools;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering & Delivering Results;
- A good sense of humour.
How to apply?
Please complete the online Application Form. If you already submitted a spontaneous online application in the past, please inform of your interest in this assignment by email.
Deadline to apply: 15 March 2017
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.