WWF-Laos: Rattan CoC Project Officer
Rattan CoC Project Officer – Rattan Project (full-time)
WWF-Laos, part of WWF-Greater Mekong’s regional programme, is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife.
WWF-Lao Country Office is seeking to recruit well-qualified and experienced Lao National candidate to work for Rattan Project in the position of Rattan CoC Project Officer.
Base location: Vientiane, Lao PDR
The Project CoC (Chain of Custody) Officer provides support to the Rattan Project Manager and Rattan Project Officer in the planning, management, implementation, monitoring and reporting of Sustainable Rattan Harvesting and Production Project activities special Chain of Custody of rattan production. The CoC Officer will work closely with all rattan project staff and project counterpart to ensure compliance with the Project Document and WWF’s contractual obligations and ensure close collaboration between the project management, partners, rattan SME, other organization supporting to rattan processing and other relevant stakeholders in the project sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in conservation, natural resource management, bioregional planning, environmental, or in relevant fields. Additional courses on Project Management and business and marketing are advantages
- 3 years of practical experience as Project Officer, 2 years of which should be in related fields
- Experience in working with SME and villager specially rattan and bamboo production and its processing is advantage
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and working with regional and international organization
- Experience in conducting studies and coordinating research activities;
- Experience of working with Government officials, local communities and/or donors at all levels;
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Detailed Job Descriptions of the positions are posted on www.panda.org and available upon the request. Interested candidates should email a cover letter mentioned position that you apply for with enclosed CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: May 30th 2014
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF-Laos does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
WWF-Laos is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce