WWF International, Design and Impact AdvisorWe're looking for a Design and Impact Advisor to drive results-based management best practices in global priority programmes with a focus on planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Location:WWF International in Gland (near Geneva), Switzerland.
Main responsibilities:• Provide direct technical support in planning, monitoring and evaluation to staff implementing Global Initiatives
• Provide training in Programme Standards, especially planning and monitoring, to staff implementing Global Initiatives, mentor those staff and ensure they are integrated into communities of practices
• Develop synergies and share lessons between programmes addressing the same types of biodiversity or footprint targets especially in relation to planning and to developing impact monitoring systems
• Conduct audits and evaluations following standard protocols to learn lessons and make recommendations for adaptive management and the replication of successful strategies in similar programmes
• Act as a thought leader in one area of the Programme Standards - Monitoring - and ensure the latest research and innovation in that area is integrated in the guidelines and tools to ensure they represent best practices in results-based management
• Act as a champion for the Programme Standards and encourages their adoption, including through the development of communications and marketing materials
• Represent WWF in key partnerships as requested to further the adoption of, and development of capacity for, results-based management
What you need:
• A degree in an environmental science or relevant subject;
• At least 7 years experience in strategic planning, programme design, monitoring and evaluation, preferably in a conservation or environmental organization.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Experience in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of conservation programmes and the application of appropriate tools essential;
• A working knowledge of the WWF Project and Programme Management Standards (or an equivalent version of the Open Standards for the Practice of Conservation) and their application preferable;
• Analytical thinker with strong strategic orientation;
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize;
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
• Fluent English required, with excellent writing skills; other languages an advantage;
• Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com .
Please make sure you add the following reference in your e-mail subject line: Ref: Design and Impact Advisor
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2012