We’ll multiply the impact of TREEMAPS by sharing what we learn with regional and international audiences. We aim to make Thailand a knowledge hub for REDD+, measuring, reporting, and verification (MRV) for climate agreements, and project design document (PDD) development.
Many of the concerns TREEMAPS deals with are relevant to REDD+ projects in other countries. These include:
- Land tenure issues
- Safeguards related to biodiversity conservation and socio-economic issues
- Carbon assessment and MRV challenges
- Payment structures and linking REDD+ projects to financing
- Co-benefits of maintaining carbon stocks
- Use of technology such as LiDAR
Existing platforms for sharing information include the Greater Mekong Sub-region Environment Working Group
, the Mekong River Commission
, meetings of ASEAN Ministers on Agriculture and Forestry
and the regional REDD Learning Network
. We’re also cooperating closely with all the Lower Mekong governments, bilateral and multilateral donors and other partners.
Other REDD+ projects
TREEMAPS has close working relationships with other WWF projects in the region: