Recipe: Champagne Oysters Risotto
- 320gms Arborio Rice
- 12 Fresh Shucked Oysters (use Cultured Oysters Crassostrea Gigas from Canada, as featured on the “Recommended” species list of the WWF Singapore Seafood Guide)
- 40gms finely Chopped Shallots
- 60gms Yellow and Red Bell Peppers, diced finely (approximately 3mm cubes)
- 30gms Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1litre Chicken Stock
- 5oz Champagne
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and White Pepper, to taste
- 30gms unsalted butter
- Basil, Aromati Herbs to garnish
Dice bell peppers into 3mm cubes. Sautee lightly (Peppers are supposed to be crunchy) in 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, over high heat.
In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with 10gms of butter.
Add rice and toast.
Gently add Champagne, reduce over medium heat, until alcohol has evaporated.
Slowly mix in Chicken stock and cook for 17-18 minutes.
Season with salt and white pepper. Remove from the heat, add remaining butter, parmesan cheese, sautéed peppers and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
In a very hot, not stick pan, sear oysters with a bit of olive oil and set aside.
Plate the risotto with added ingredients placing the seared oysters on top.
Garnish with fresh basil or aromati herbs.