- facilitate the sharing of information and experiences on bycatch reduction and Best Practices in the Coral Triangle and regional fisheries, identifying obstacles, key issues and priorities,
- promote, and learn from, examples of industry-fisher folk partnerships on bycatch reduction, Best Practices and other examples of “continual improvement”,
- expand collaborations in the region on fisheries improvement among supply chain actors,
- develop a “road map” identifying relevant enabling policies and programmes and how fisher folks and industry players can help influence and implement these, and
- formally establish and endorse a Coral Triangle Fishers Forum as a platform for regional dialogue on sustainable fisheries that helps deliver on the goals of the Coral Triangle Initiative (CTI) Regional Plan of Action.
Coral Triangle Fishers Forum I
Coral Triangle fishers agree on a set of recommendations to address bycatchBali, Indonesia (17 June 2010)—Fishers from local communities and private companies in the Coral Triangle region collectively agreed on a set of recommendations on the last day of the Coral Triangle Fishers Forum today.
read more ►