Project Officer in Kyiv
The WWF International Danube-Carpathian Programme is looking for a Project Officer to be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The main responsibilities of this position is to support WWF’s work from Kyiv, including primarily implementation of the EU project “Climate Forum East”, which is focused on developing and coordinating stakeholder platforms and awareness raising regarding climate change adaptation in Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaidzhan.
This WWF position will work closely with the Austrian Red Cross, which is leading the Climate Forum East project, to support national coordinators and project activities in Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova, and will be responsible for arranging input and involvement of WWF experience and expertise. It is anticipated that this position will continue after the end of the Climate Forum East project in December 2014.
The key requirements are:
- A university degree, preferably in the field of environmental sciences, social sciences, economics, political science or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience in international project management, including preferably in EU-funded projects.
- Proven project cycle management skills.
- Proven organisational, coordination and communication skills.
- Previous experience with climate change adaptation a strong advantage, but not obligatory.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with exceptional relationship management and networking abilities in a multi-cultural environment.
- Energetic, proactive, creative and oriented to problem solving.
- Reliable, trustworthy and accurate.
- Very good skills in team work and distance management.
- Proven ability to work in multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian. Proficiency in Ukrainian also an advantage, but not obligatory.
- Dedication to WWF’s mission.
Application deadline: Friday 25 January 2013