WWF Romania Protected Areas Campaign
Save Romania's National Parks!
This is happening illegally, against existing laws and regulations. But those undertaking the activities have come to expect that the laws are applied on paper, not on their practices.
We need to send a clear message
- To those destroying Romania's natural treasures: that this is not acceptable
- To relevant authorities: to implement existing laws and regulations
- To political decision makers: to take necessary steps to ensure real protection for the country's natural riches
About the campaign
Launched in November 2006, WWF's campaign focuses on the increasing number of illegal activities that are affecting Romania’s protected areas and the authorities’ lack of reaction, involvement and financial support necessary for the management of these areas.
The focus of the campaign is to raise people’s awareness regarding these issues and to put them on the Romanian public agenda. The main tool of the campaign is the online petition available on WWF's Romanian website.
The petition emphasises Romania’s outstanding natural capital, the main threats to it and calls on the authorities to take action before it is too late. At the end of the campaign, the signatures will be presented to the Romanian President, Prime Minister as well as to the European Commission.
The campaign includes 3 TV commercials, 2 visuals and 3 e-banners, all the creative materials drawing attention on the 3 main threats to Romania's National and Nature Parks: illegal construction, logging and poaching.
The campaign is supported by Ogilvy & Mather (creatives), Ogilvy PR (PR support), Mindshare (media work).
- Reload Film (production of TV ads);
- Audio studio Fat Music (production of radio spots);
- Newmedia PR (implementation of web campaign);
- Carioca (production of print advertisements).
- Television: TVR, Pro TV, Acasă, Pro Cinema, TV Sport, Naţional TV, N24, Realitatea, Prima TV, The Money Channel, Kiss FM;
- Radio: Radio România Actualităţi, ProFM, InfoPro;
- Media corporations:Sanoma Hearst, Publimedia, BMG, Hiparion, Splendid Media;
- Outdoor: Phoenix Media, Media Advertising, Electric Media, Efect Media, City&Media, Trusteam, Impression Graphics Romania, Avantgarde Printing, Beta Cons;
- Internet providers: AdEvolution, Arbo Media, Netbridge, Neogen.