UN Watercourses Convention
- International Water Law Project Blog, Should we care whether the UN Watercourses Convention enters into force?, Flavia Rocha Loures & Alistair Rieu-Clarke. Part I and Part II
- Flavia Loures & Ana Paula Parente, Conflict or Cooperation: The Stark Choices Facing a Hot, Thirsty World, Environment, Conflict and Cooperation Newsletter (Oct. 2010).
- Salman M.A. Salman, Downstream riparians can also harm upstream riparians: the concept of foreclosure of future uses, in Water International, Vol. 35, No. 4, July 2010, p. 350–364.
International Architecture for Transboundary Water Resources Management: Policy Analysis and Recommendations, commissioned by WWF and the UK Government (February 2010).
- Flavia Rocha Loures & Alistair Rieu-Clarke, Still not in Force: Should States Support the 1997 UN Watercourses Convention?, in Review of European Community & International Environmental Law, Vol.18 Issue 2, p.185-197 (2009);
- Jamie Pittock, Renewed hope for UN Watercourses Convention, in Water 21 (Aug. 2009);
- Flavia Rocha Loures, The UN Watercourses Convention: Why Should CSD Promote its Entry into Force and Implementation?, in Outreach Issues (13 May 2008);
- Salman M.A. Salman, The United Nations Watercourses Convention Ten Years Later: Why Has its Entry into Force Proven Difficult?, in Water International, Vol. 22 Number 1, p.1-15 (2007);
- Alistair Rieu-Clarke, Entry into force of the 1997 UN Watercourses Convention: barriers, benefits and prospects, in Water 21 (Dec. 2007);
- Attila Tanzi, The United Nations Convention on the Law of International Watercourses:A Framework for Sharing, International and National Water Law and Policy Series(2001);
- George William Sherk, Patricia Wouters & Samantha Rochford, Water Wars in the Near Future? Reconciling Competing Claims for the World's Diminishing Freshwater Resources - The Challenge of the Next Millennium, in CEPMLP Internet Journal, Vol.3-2 (1998);
ILC Draft Articles on Transboundary Aquifers
- Andrew Allan, Flavia Loures, Mara Tignino, The Role and Relevance of the Draft Articles on the Law of Transboundary Aquifers in the European Context, in Journal for European Environmental and Planning Law, Vol.8, N.3 (Oct. 2011).
- Stephen C. McCaffrey, The International Law Commission adopts draft articles on transboundary aquifers, in American Journal of International Law, Vol. 103 Number 2 (Apr. 2009);
- Flavia Loures and Joseph Dellapenna, Forthcoming developments in international groundwater law: proposals for the way ahead, in Water 21 (Aug. 2007);
UNECE Water Convention
· Attila Tanzi, The Relationship between the 1992 UNECE Convention on the Protection and Use of Transboundary Watercourses and International Lakes and the 1997 UN Convention on the Law of the Non Navigational Uses of International Watercourses, Report of the UNECE Water Convention Task Force on Legal and Administrative Aspects (2000);