WWF's full position on key proposals and agenda items discussed at CITES CoP14:
- WWF Positions CITES CoP14 - English [3.6 MB]
- WWF Positions CITES CoP14 - Spanish [2.9 MB]
- WWF Positions CITES CoP14 - French [2.8 MB]
- WWF Positions CITES CoP14 - Arabic [3.4 MB]
- WWF Positions CITES CoP14 - Chinese [108 KB]
WWF's position for agenda item 51 (cetaceans) was developed based on the document submitted by the government of Japan to the CITES Secretariat by the 4 January 2007 deadline (and subsequently posted to the CITES website).
That document has now been removed. The CITES Secretariat has posted Document 51 in the three working languages of the Convention; this document has substantive changes from the one posted earlier (three sentences have been removed, we assume by the proponent).
WWF's position urging the CITES Parties to reject the draft decisions is the same, but we regret the inconvenience that some of the aspects of our position are now mooted by these changes.