GFTN's Guide to Legal and Responsible Sourcing
Legislative processes in the US and Europe, such as the amended US Lacey Act and the European Union’s Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Action Plan, as well as developments within certification and chain of custody have necessitated the enhancement of the advice available regarding legality.
The GFTN’s interactive Guide to Legal and Responsible Sourcing combines the wisdom previously contained in GFTN’s resources on legality and responsible procurement into a single, more in-depth resource to help companies navigate the complex and fast-changing regulatory and legislative landscape governing trade in timber and timber products. Only a click away, this online resource is a vital and indispensable tool to anyone who purchases forest products, including processors, importers, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. Features of this interactive tool include:
- Comprehensive and integrated advice from GFTN’s Guide to Responsible Purchasing of Forest Products and Keep It Legal manual
- Never before published set of national indicators and verifiersfor legality—GFTN’s Common Legality Framework—which is comprised of several broad principles of legality, each supported by individual criteria and indicators linking the principle to existing legislation
- New guidance on addressing legality in major timber producing and exporting countries—with a particular focus on developing countries with high biodiversity forests where illegal logging and trade are known to be a significant concern
- Ability to print and bookmark specific sections of interest and search a number of key terms, enabling the user to both easily access the overall concepts and drill deeper on specific issues
- Instant access other online resources, offering a greater depth to the understanding of aspects of responsible purchasing of forest products