GFTN's Guide to Legal and Responsible Sourcing
Only a click away, this online resource is a vital and indispensable tool to anyone who purchases forest products, including processors, importers, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. Features of this interactive tool include:
- Comprehensive and integrated advice on how to develop your own due diligence system to practice legal and responsible sourcing of forest products
- National indicators and verifiers for legality — GFTN and TRAFFIC's Common Legality Framework — which is comprised of several broad principles of legality, each supported by individual criteria and indicators linking the principle to existing legislation
- New guidance on addressing legality in major timber producing and exporting countries with a particular focus on developing countries with high biodiversity forests where illegal logging and trade are known to be a significant concern
- New guidance on market based legislation, including the US Lacey Act, EU Timber Regulation and the Australian Illegal Logging Prohibition Act
- Ability to print and bookmark specific sections of interest and search a number of key terms, enabling the user to both easily access the overall concepts and drill deeper on specific issues
- Instant access other online resources, offering a greater depth to the understanding of aspects of responsible sourcing of forest products.