Data & Information
- A review of Oil Palm, Soybeans & Critical Habitat Loss
- The Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) website includes a wide range of best management practice guidelines on issues such as free, prior and informed consent, HCV identification and management, and human-wildlife conflict management, as well as information on palm oil and the RSPO members.
Evaluation & Certification
- Unilever’s Good Agricultural Practice Guidelines for Palm Oil identifies ten indicators of sustainability, each with specific good agricultural practice recommendations.
- The 2011 Palm Oil Buyers’ Scorecard provides direct insights into company purchasing volumes and policies, scoring and ranking firms against a range of key environmental and social criteria.
Guidelines for Financing
- WWF has developed a comprehensive Palm Oil Financing Handbook that provides financial institutions with key investment criteria and a palm oil investment policy framework.
- WWF’s Palm Oil Investor Review provides insights into current practices, perspectives, and trends among asset managers invested in the palm oil industry.
- Profitability and Sustainability in Palm Oil Production, a report produced by WWF in collaboration with the Dutch Development Bank (FMO) and the UK’s development finance institution (CDC), evaluates the impacts of the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil's implementation on financial performance and establishes the business case for certification for industry and investors.