Company partnerships often start with action on one commodity, and generally further expand to other commodities or business areas through the implementation of Better Management Practices and sourcing of credibly certified commodities and products.
Some examples of global companies with which WWF has formed partnerships on agricultural and fisheries commodities are The Coca Cola Company, IKEA, Marks & Spencer, Carrefour, Kroger and Walmart.
Towards sustainable commodity sourcing
- Map your supply chains (for some commodities, WWF has developed tools that can help you)
- Participate in relevant credible certification scheme(s)
- Make public commitment to source 100% credibly certified commodities (for sale and for own operations) within a reasonable time frame (5-10 years)
- Make suppliers aware of your commitment to shift to 100% credibly certified commodities and support them to improve sourcing
- Buy credibly certified commodities
- Communicate about responsible purchasing and use with consumers