Data & Information
- The Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (SAI) Platform is an industry and stakeholder organization focused on sustainable agriculture, particularly in commodity/large-scale supply chains.
- Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education (SARE), an office of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), is dedicated to research and grant-making around sustainable agriculture in the U.S.
- The Water Risk Filter tool enables users to plan and create strategies for their own company, suppliers or investments to drive down risk and become proactive in responding to water issues they face.
- Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas (ATTRA) is a superb service in the U.S. that researches and compiles information on how to produce a wide variety of crops more sustainably. ATTRA also provides resources and instructional papers on a variety of practices from Integrated Pest Management and Biological Controls to agroforestry and on-farm solar and hydro power.
- The International Labour Organization has developed a series of internationally applicable labour standards, based on industry, over the past 100 years.
Evaluation & Certification
- The Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN) has developed broad yet rigorous Key Performance Criterias and farm management systems for more sustainable commodity production.
- The Sustainable Agriculture Network criteria underpin the certifications managed and marketed by the Rainforest Alliance, which include standards for cocoa, coffee, bananas, tea, palm oil, and tropical beef.
- The Integrated Biodiversity Assessment Tool (IBAT) for Business can be leveraged for planning and assessing biodiversity impacts of commodity production project locations.