At One Planet Leaders we create a supportive learning environment where you can unlock your creative imagination and stretch the organisational ambition. The emphasis is on action-focused learning and practical solutions that empower you to do more and be more.
Click on the image to enlarge
Actively teaching, discussing, challenging and creating are all critical to deeper learning, and we use a number of processes throughout the program to ensure this, including:
- Active content sessions with faculty
- Team exercises
- Peer coaching
- Informal discussions and networking
- Group exercises
- Learning reviews and applications
- Social networking and learning website
Application of knowledge to your own challenges improves learning and so you will continually tie the experience back to your own world and make sure that you are building action plans that work. To ensure this you will:
- Come with projects agreed with your program sponsor (e.g. your manager)
- Engage in “live case” work
- Participate in learning reviews and applications every morning
- Develop detailed project plans
- Manage your own skill-development and prioritization
- Report to sponsors on projects and goals inter- and post-program
The content is spot-on for today’s challenges in integrating sustainability into business. It was thought-provoking, intellectually rewarding and good fun.
There was a unique spirit, trust and openness formed by the group, quite unlike any other programme I have been on and an excitement that this is new ground, that sustainability is moving from being a novel ‘out-there’ concept to being ingrained into corporate strategy.