Leading by Example: Nestlé
Creating Shared Value goes beyond compliance and sustainability. It is about leveraging Nestlé’s core activities and partnerships for the joint benefit of its shareholders, for the communities where they operate, for their business partners and for their consumers.
Join Claus Conzelmann, Vice President, Head of Safety, Health & Environmental Sustainability to understand how Nestlé seeks to make a positive difference to the communities where they operate.
Claus Conzelmann, Vice President, Safety, Health & Environment, Nestlé
Claus Conzelmann is Vice President, Head of Safety, Health & Environmental Sustainability at Nestlé, the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness group based in Vevey, Switzerland.
Claus has been driving Nestlé’s performance in workplace health & safety since 2004. As part of the company's ambition to create shared value, he also leads the integration of environmental sustainability into all aspects of the business, from product development, sourcing, manufacturing to branding and marketing. He is a member of the World Economic Forum Project Board "Sustainability for Tomorrow's Consumer".
Joining Nestlé in 1991 he held various strategic and operational positions in Switzerland, Germany and Australia, incl. regulatory affairs, biotechnology policy, factory management, and operations improvement.
Claus has a Ph.D in molecular biology from Manchester University and had worked previously in the agro-biotech sector and as science journalist.
15 January 2013, 12.30 to 13.30 CET
Watch the video
2012 - 2013 Series
- September: Leading by Example: Desso
- October: Valuing Nature in Business
- November: From Footprint to Mindprint
- December: Financial Innovations and Systemic Risks
- January: Leading by Example: Nestlé
- February: Leading by Example: Kingfisher
- March: Breakthrough Capitalism
- April: Leading by Example – InterfaceFlor
- May: Leading Together – H&M and WWF
- June: Leading in Changing Times– Hazel Henderson