Business benefits of acting on climate change
Reducing your company's greenhouse gases positions yourself at the forefront of the corporate cabron strategy
- Cutting energy costs
- Preparing your business for inevitable carbon regulation
- Possibility to develop new products and services
- Increasing your profile as an innovative responsible corporate citizen
- Increasing employee loyalty
- Securing customers and financiers that are increasingly expecting leadership on climate change from you
When business people work together with government officials, scientists, environmentalists and politicians, the switch to a clean power world is possible!
Global warming must be kept below the dangerous threshold of 2°C above pre-industrial levels. To achieve this, global emissions of greenhouse gases must be reduced to at least 80% of 1990 levels by 2050.
The power switch is possible because a large amount of policy and business options are available today. Read more.
The power switch is desirable as it offers a host of new business opportunities – if you need to be ahead of the game.
Why WWF works with business
We are responsible to the communities in which we work and to the world community as well.