In order to level the playing field between cities with very varying starting points, the panel will take into account differences in resources related to level of ambition. The Earth Hour City Challenge is not about rewarding cities for the most impressive, hi-tech plans, but about commitment and innovative thinking that promotes attractive, one-planet lifestyles.
Jury Members 2014
- Gino Van Begin, Secretary General of ICLEI
- Martha Delgado, General Director of the Secretariat of the Global Cities Covenant on Climate
- Christiana Figueres, UNFCCC Executive Secretary
- Simon Giles, Senior Principal Intelligent Cities, Accenture Global, Accenture
- Dan Hoornweg, Professor and Jeff Boyce Research Chair, Faculty of Energy Systems and Engineering, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Aromar Revi, Director, Indian Institute of Human Settlements
- Alexandre Meira da Rosa, Manager of Infrastructure and Environment Sector, Inter-American Development Bank
- Gil-hong Kim, Director Sustainable Infrastructure Division, Asian Development Bank
- Seth Schulz, Director Research, C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group
- Adrian Rimmer, Chief Executive Officer, The Gold Standard Foundation NEW!
- Aisa Kacyira, Deputy Executive Director and Assistant Secretary-General, UN-Habitat NEW!
- José Manuel Moreno Rodríguez, Vicepresident Group II of IPCC, Catedrático de Ecología/Professor of Ecology, Director Departmento de Ciencias Ambientales/Department of Environmental SciencesUniversidad de Castilla-La Mancha NEW!
- Harald Winkler, Director of the Energy Research Centre at the University of Cape Town NEW!
- Pankaj Bhatia, Deputy Director, Climate Program, World Resources Institute NEW!