2013 Palm Oil Buyers Scorecard
No more excuses on palm oil
Our third Palm Oil Buyers Scorecard assesses 130 companies on their efforts to use sustainable palm oil. WWF believes there are no excuses for any company not to be using 100% sustainable palm oil right now.
Palm oil: what’s the problem?
What’s the Scorecard?
What do the Scorecard results show?
SOME COMPANIES HAVE MADE EXCELLENT PROGRESS BUT OTHERS ARE SERIOUSLY LAGGING BEHIND
- Join the RSPO and be an active member;
- Cover all of their palm oil use with CSPO from any of the supply chain options;
- Be transparent about their palm oil use;
- Commit to sourcing 100% CSPO from Mass Balance or Segregated supply chains by 2015 at the very latest;
- Start investing in traceable supply chains of CSPO;
- For retailers, go beyond own-brand commitments and take responsibility for making sure all palm oil they sell is sustainable;
- Raise awareness of the RSPO and CSPO globally;
- Buy from certified RSPO member growers that are going beyond the basic requirements of the RSPO.
- Only shop from companies that have committed to and are using CSPO;
- Look for the RSPO trademark on products;
- Ask retailers to source CSPO products for everything they sell, not just their own brands;
- Ask manufacturers to source CSPO and commit to 100% CSPO by 2015 or sooner;
- Contact WWF to find out about other ways to get involved with our work.