PrioritizingThere are many theoretically possible adaptation measures but some of these options may not be feasible or desirable for your project objectives or in your area. Some critical questions to ask are:
1) Will this be effective? How effective would this measure be in achieving the overall aim of reducing vulnerability to climate change?
2) Is this technically feasible? Does the technology and/ or expertise exist to carry out this measure? Could this measure be implemented at a local or, in some cases, national scale?
3) Is this financially/logistically feasible? Are there sufficient resources available to carry out this measure? How much would it cost to implement this measure and who would pay?
4) Are there any risks associated with this option? Could there be any detrimental impacts on sea turtles, the ecosystem, local communities etc.? Might the results of implementing this measure be unacceptable?
5) Considering all the previous criteria, is this a practical option to put into place now and would you recommend it?
Although subjective, this is a quick way of determining what the feasible options are at the moment.