WWF's Asia Pacific Marine Turtle Programme
- Furthering relevant policy and legislation in all sectors and at all levels.
- Ensuring the necessary extent, integrity and functioning of critical habitats for turtles.
- Ensuring adequate protection and biological management of marine turtle populations.
- Creating mutually beneficial incentives for the co-existence of people and marine turtles.
- Mitigating threats to marine turtles by creating awareness and influencing human attitudes and behaviour
WWF's Asia Pacific Marine Turtle Programme is working in three key ways to address these challenges:
- Through linking individual conservation projects into cohesive units that effectively address threats across turtle migrations and life-cycles.
- Through innovative projects and alliances - bringing non-traditional partners together to find mutually beneficial solutions.
- Through collaboration and partnerships at all levels - including with local communities, governments, scientists, industry, religious leaders, and other nongovernment organisations.