More than 80% of deforestation between 2010 and 2030 is likely to happen in just 11 places. These are the "deforestation fronts."
What are deforestation fronts?
DOWNLOAD THE REPORT NOW
SAVING FORESTS AT RISK
Why do deforestation fronts matter?
LIVING FORESTS REPORTS
What are the causes of deforestation?
What can be done to turn back deforestation?Reversing deforestation fronts will require a concerted effort from:
- Policymakers in forest countries: to remedy governance failures that drive poor land-use choices and principles
- Policymakers in consumer countries: to take action through policy and regulatory measures that hold governments and companies accountable, to ensure better production and promote better consumption
- Companies: to live up to their deforestation-free commitments and implementing sustainability in supply chains
- Financial industry: to invest in sustainable companies
- Consumers: to reduce wasteful consumption of forest products and make better, environmentally-friendly choices.
Stay updated - subscribe to our newsletter