Northland: Arctic Choices
- Number of players: ideally 2-8 per group, but can also be played solo or in larger groups. Playing with several groups at a time can both sharpen the competition, and create an opportunity for different discussions and insights from the different groups.
- Length: 30 minutes
Download game resources
- Game Boards: high quality (PDF, 54MB) or lower quality (9MB)
Each board consists of four map panels. Print 1 board per group.
- Game pieces
Print and cut. There are 20 pieces altogether: 8 port pieces, 8 mine pieces, and four shipping pieces per group
- Moderator’s notes
Ideally, a moderator will guide each group through the game
- Moderator script and rules
Helps the moderator explain the game
Use the calculator to determine the scores for each round.
- Photos of you playing the game
- Ideas about how we could improve the game
- Reflections from the game – what did you learn? How did it make you feel?