Posted on 16 September 2019
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Communications Fellow Position to be based in Dawei.
WWF Myanmar was established in 2013 and is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a sustainable future for people and wildlife. The focus is on promoting green economy within national policies, and sustaining and protecting biodiversity and ecological connectivity of the transboundary Dawna Tenasserim Landscape (DTL) through an integrated landscape approach, and the Ayeyarwady river basin through an integrated river basin approach. Find out more at www.wwf.org.mm
The DTL contains some of the most remarkable biodiversity on earth and is a key site for the protection of some of the worlds most endangered species. A large portion of globally significant biodiversity conservation areas in DTL are traditionally managed by local communities and indigenous peoples.
It is critically important to communicate the global importance of this landscape both to international stakeholders and to local stakeholders.
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Communications Fellow
Position to be based in Dawei.
The Fellow/Intern will support the communication team based in the landscape field office on two strategic initiatives. The first initiative aims to raise awareness of the local stakeholders on biological diversity and ecosystem services of Dawna Tenasserim Landscape. The second initiative aims to raise awareness of the international community on how the tradition and culture of indigenous communities contribute to conservation of biodiversity.
Raising landscape profile:
- Conservations awareness campaign: In partnership with partner organisations and technical experts, launch awareness raising campaign on conservation issues with local stakeholders being the target audience. The responsibilities include
- Agreeing on the modality of the campaign
- Developing and implementing a workplan, with partners, to launch and continue the campaign
- Ensuring smooth start and continuation of the campaign
- Organizing a high profile exhibition in Dawei, showcasing biodiversity value of the
- Developing and implementing a workplan to organise the exhibition
- Supporting the communication team in the landscape to develop and strengthen assets and channels to communicate ourcomes to the donors.
Closing Date: 30 September 2019 (Monday)
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in communication or related field
- Expertise in using design and photo editing tools. Expertise in video editing is a significant advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Myanmar language could be an advantage.
- Experience of working in South East Asia is desirable
Interested candidates should email email@example.com
or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.