Posted on 01 August 2019
The World Wide Fund for Nature seeks a
People & Culture Manager for its Cameroon Office
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world, active in almost 100 countries. It has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more than 20 years. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed People & Culture Manager
who will ensure WWF Cameroon
applies the highest standards in the area of people & culture (P&C) management and fosters a culture based on network citizenship and the 4 ways of working in order to support the achievement of the conservation goals and objectives as laid in the Strategic Plan, in compliance with WWF People & Culture policies and standards.
- Implement the People and culture component of the WWF Cameroon Strategic Plan;
- Support management and is the focal person to attract, recruit, develop and retain the right talent for delivering the strategy, and build program and leadership capacity;
- Implement effective people, organizational and management structures, policies and processes in alignment with WWF guidelines, policies and procedures and Cameroon legal standards;
- Lead advisor to the Country Director and his/her team in matters concerning people related risk management.
What you need:
Required Skills and Competencies
- Masters’ degree in HR, administration, Business Management or other related fields;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in HR in Cameroon (min 3 years in a managerial position);
- Proven track record in Human Resources administration and management;
- Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in Cameroon;
- Experience working with an International NGO is an added advantage.
Please consult the job description for more information on the position.
- Proven skills people management;
- Proven skills in change management;
- Proven skills in HR administration;
- Integrity, customer orientation;
- Good oral and written skills in English and French;
- Strategic business partnerships;
- Experience in people programmatic policy based approach;
- Demonstrated experience in applying HR management protocols;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counselling, conflict management, and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good abilities to work in a team;
- Experience of working in a matrix organization;
- Good knowledge of Ms Office suite;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Engaging, Optimistic, Determined and Knowledgeable.
- Adherence to WWF ways of working (Behaviours)
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject should read CCPO-P&C Manager.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline for applications: August 31, 2019.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.