Posted on 21 February 2019
Location: Flexible. All locations will be considered
Established in April 2016, the Landscape Finance Lab
is incubating a portfolio of landscapes programs. Its purpose is to:
- Enable high quality landscape programs in global biodiversity priority places - using jurisdictional REDD+, land degradation neutrality, catchment management and landscape sourcing approaches
- Test innovative financing mechanisms - including private sector investment funds, impact investing platforms and public sector grant funding windows
- Build sector learning, capacity and impact through a global online learning community and producing tools, guidance and learning publications for them
The Lab portfolio and relative amount of work is constantly growing and there is a need for a Coordinator that will support the WWF Landscape Finance Lead and Landscape Lead to manage and develop the landscape programs portfolio.
We are recruiting the role of Landscape Coordinator
for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
Flexible. All locations will be considered.
One year renewable contract
The Landscapes Coordinator will support the Landscape Lead in managing the work of the Lab on incubating landscape programs, including service delivery to landscapes, development and management of the landscapes portfolio, coordination with other relevant Lab’s work, in particular on markets, finance and business solutions, as well as support to the Lab’s strategic management.
Assist the Landscape Lead developing and managing of the landscapes portfolio
With the Landscape Lead, ensure effective delivery of Lab support to landscapes
- Ensure the adequacy and development of the Lab’s value proposition and service offer on landscape incubation
- Monitor and actively manage the performance of the landscape portfolio though adequate tools (cf. portfolio dashboard, incentives, assigning and supporting the Lab’s landscape leads, team meetings…), including on the platform
- Develop financial instruments and raise fund for the Lab’s landscape incubation work
- Manage the matching funds for landscape incubation to support the development and progress of the landscape portfolio (cf. Lab’s call for proposal to landscapes…)
- Actively find new Landscape ideas, including to support markets incubation
- Identify relevant partners on sustainable landscapes and ensure effective management of these partnerships
- Actively look for new funding to support Landscapes and the Lab’s support to them, strengthening relations with relevant donors and investors (as World Bank FCPF Carbon Fund, GC, LDNF…)
- Manage the production of landscape knowledge products (e.g. State of Landscape Finance Report or others)
- Ensure effective coordination with WWF work areas, in particular the Sustainable Landscapes community (ACAI) and WWF country offices
- Support the extension of the Lab Expert Hub (foresight and identification of technical needs, web watching and contact with relevant expert)
Support the Lab’s work on markets, finance and SME business solutions
- Ensure adequate processes, templates and tools for landscapes incubation, and, in coordination with the community lead, their use and presentation on the Lab’s platform
- Supervise and coordinate the work on landscapes, from the Lab’s core team and consultants.
- Act as Landscape advisor, leading the Lab’s support and relationship with some targeted landscapes
- Support Landscapes advisers in the Lab, through adequate tools and processes, strategic orientation, as well as technical support and review at different stages (cf. prefeasibility review…)
- Build technical capacity of the team on sustainable landscapes, ensuring common understanding and standardized language, including through trainings
- Dialogue with landscape leads to identify needs and define relevant supports (monthly calls, workspace, exchanges)
- Maintain an internal Wiki to capture agreements on the Lab’s approaches to landscape incubation and service to clients
Support lab management
- Assist the relevant Lab team members with service offer and systems and tools development, partnerships management, project execution, as well as commercial development on markets, finance and business solutions, ensuring in particular their relevance and suitability for the Lab’s work on landscapes and from the landscapes perspective
- Participate in Lab team meetings as needed
- Support the development of business model and plan for the Lab, in particular the value proposition
- Support the Lab’s strategic management
- Assist in preparing communications on landscape programs
- Support the Community Manager with the upload of information on landscape programs on the Lab Platform
- Other activities as directed
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Min. 10 years experience in project and team management, and in coordinating the development and implementation of projects
- Experience in building partnerships and developing multi-stakeholder mechanisms,
- Fundraising experience for international projects (liaising with donors, drafting concepts and proposals, developing budgets)
- Good understanding of landscape approaches to conservation and their success factors, climate finance, REDD+, integrated land use management, multi-stakeholder platforms, blended finance
- Involvement in drafting large donor concept notes and project proposals an advantage,
- Experience in working with the private sector an advantage
- Knowledge of another language (French, Spanish) an advantage
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly
How to apply?
***Read carefully ***
Send your covering letter and CV as one file and in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Application for Landscape Coordinator”
Send as one single file.
We will not accept applications without a CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications: by 21st March 2019.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.