- Position title : Freshwater Project Officer
- Location : Casablanca, with frequent trips in Morocco and occasionally abroad
- Contract type : CDD/ Project contract
- Duration of the contract : 3 years
- Start date : 1 July 2018
Under the direct responsibility of the President of Living Planet Morocco and in collaboration with the coordinator of WWF North Africa, the Freshwater Project officer manages the implementation of the project “Managing water Abstraction and promoting Water Environment in the Sebou basin, Morocco (WAMAN Sebou)” aiming at reducing the impact of water abstraction and unsustainable water infrastructure on river basins biodiversity and functioning, according to agreed objectives and time scale.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/she builds and manages partnerships with the project partners at local and international level, defines terms of reference, develops work plans and implements the project activities and supervises consultants.
- Supervises, leads, manages and monitors the implementation of the work plans by the Local project officer
- Makes sure the timeline is respected andwhen needed revises work plan to cope with adjustments agreed with all project partners
- Guides the local Project officer Project in the organization of the logistic for meetings and workshops to be organized in the framework of the project in the project areas.
- Adjusts the monitoring framework for the project as detailed in the proposal and collects data for its implementation;
- Prepares progress technical report and contribute to financial reports for the project according to the schedule agreed with the supervisor
- Responds to media enquiries and give interviews if needed with support of the Communications Officer and the supervisor
- Attends capacity building activities organized by WWF to improve personal and professional skills as needed
- Researches and identifies funding opportunities to develop the freshwater portfolio in Morocco
- Nurtures stable working relationships with the project’s team and partners and cultivates a supportive and cooperative working relationship with WWF network.
- Minimum qualification is Graduate degree (at least Bac+4) in any or a combination of the following fields: Water Engineering, Environment, Life and Earth Sciences, Hydrology, Forest.
- Conservation background, basic understanding of IRBM and water ecosystems conservation in Morocco
- At least 4 years’ experience in water resources management or project management
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and French
- A good level in English is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork. Able to work effectively and harmoniously in a multicultural environment.
- Ability/experience in facilitation stakeholder processes, engaging communities and institutional actors
- Presentation and writing skills to produce presentations for stakeholders, project documents, submissions of positions
- Ability to coordinatetechnical consultants
- Field project implementation skills, including basic budget management
- Some communication skills, ability to talk to public and media if needed.
The letter of motivation and a CV must be sent to email@example.com specifying in the subject “Freshwater Project Officer”, no later than 20 May 2018.