Posted on 23 April 2018
The World Wide Fund for Nature seeks a Human Resources & Administration Manager
The Wolrd Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world. We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries and have been working in the Congo Basin since 1978.
WWF-Gabon seeks a Human Resources & Administration Manager (HRAM)
whose major function will be to ensure that WWF Gabon
applies the highest standards in Human Resources Management and administrative services in order to facilitate the implementation of its strategy in alignment with WWF Policies and country regulations.
Location: Libreville (Gabon)
Duration: 2 years renewable (subject to successful probation)
Under the supervision of the Country Director with technical reporting to the HR Manager ROA, the Human Resources & Administration Manager’s main responsibilities are:
- Manage recruitment processes in collaboration with hiring managers; interview candidates for management and senior positions ensuring compliance with standards in resourcing, recruiting, orientation practices, contracting procedures;
- Coordinate the annual performance management process and ensure that all staff is appraised;
- Develop and support measures to improve organizational culture and employee well-being;
- Ensure the regular review and appropriate application of levels of personnel financial compensation and benefits;
- Ensures relationships with Labor Authorities and other partners (CNSS, CNAMGS);
- Ensures compliance of the health policy including insurance management (Health, Life, Individual Accidents);
- Ensure that all Programme locations apply the established WWF Policies & Procedures, Ethics code and other global HR related policies in force in the organization;
- Ensure the upkeep and good condition of all equipment including vehicles, fixtures and premises, ensuring adequate strategies are in place to maintain highest standards, continuous efforts to reduce our carbon emissions and ensure cost efficiency in procurement;
- Carry out periodic controls of the procurement system and procedures to ensure that both are being used efficiently and effectively in the main and field Offices;
- Monitor staff related legal matters;
- Be the focal point of the Office for questions of health and safety at work;
- Performs other duties as requested by the Country Director.
What you need:
Required skills and competencies
- Masters’ degree in HR, administration, Business Management or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in HR in Gabon (min 2 years in a supervisory position);
- Proven track record HR administration and management;
- Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in Gabon.
- Strong skills in management and HR administration;
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Integrity, customer orientation;
- Experience of working in a matrix organization;
- Good guidance, counseling and negotiation skills at all levels;
- Good team work skills;
- Good knowledge of Ms Office suite;
- Good oral and written skills in English and French;
- Adherence to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to send a cover letter and a detailed CV to the address email@example.com.
The subject should read HRAMGB
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline for applications: 4 May 2018.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce