The Country Office Director provides vision and leadership for the WWF Program in Peru and effective high-level representation of WWF with key audiences to build strength and support for the program in its conservation delivery, increasing WWF’s leadership and recognition as the leading conservation organization in Peru, and positions WWF-Peru as a relevant country office, based on critical contributions and strategic support to WWF’s network.
Directs, manages, takes responsibility and gives strategic direction to all activities of WWF in Peru, to ensure that WWF’s Mission, the conservation, communication, operation, financial and fundraising activities of the Program Office are successfully accomplished, ensuring, that all operating rules and systems are adequate and that the WWF Peru Country office’s legal and reporting requirements are aligned with local laws and with WWF's policies, procedures and standards.
- Provides leadership to ensure resources and support for the development, financing and implementation of WWF's conservation program in Peru is accomplished.
- Ensures that the WWF-US Board and/or the WWF-International Board approved policies, procedures and standards for operational, financial, personnel and administrative systems and outputs are implemented in the Peru country office.
- Establishes and oversees a monitoring and evaluation system to measure the performance of the WWF program in Peru vs. the Country Strategic Plan and reports regularly to the Vice President for Latin America and the Caribbean (VP for LAC) on office performance.
- Ensures timely technical, financial from all parts of the Peru Program to donors, WWF-US, WWF-International and all relevant parts of the WWF Network according to agreed standards.
- Manages and co-ordinates the smooth running of technical advisory groups, ecoregion teams and/or other groupings (e.g. country/subregional teams) which may be deemed necessary to provide advice and support to the WWF program in Peru.
- Ensures that the WWF program in Peru co-operates with financial, operational and programmatic audits and follows-up in a timely manner on audit recommendations and ensures compliance with WWF-US and/or WWF-International Board policies, procedures and standards.
- Establishes an effective internal communication system to ensure that all staff working for the WWF Peru are fully informed of WWF’s Mission, Global Priorities and Strategic Approaches and kept abreast of new developments, policies and procedures as and when they arise.
- Establishes mechanisms for effective external communications on WWF Peru’s results and achievements to the WWF network, donors, partners and others.
- Oversees the implementation of WWF Peru´s integrated Strategy, which includes Conservation, Communications, Fundraising and operations.
- Leads WWF Peru´s organizational development process, ensuring consolidation and strengthening of organizational capacities in line with needs of new strategy.
- Provides leadership for WWF Peru´s engagement with partners and policy advocacy including with private sector, government, international cooperation, NGOs and others.
- In close liaison with the VP for LAC, participates in key fundraising strategies with Multilateral Institutions, Bilateral and Multilateral cooperation, National Organisations, Government Agencies, Foundations, Corporate, and private donors.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with key individuals and conservation and development entities (local, national, regional, and international) regarding WWF’s position and general information. Participates in forums, workshops and conferences on behalf of WWF.
- Supports Regional or subregional work and performs other duties as requested by the VP for LAC.
Skills and Abilities
- An advanced degree (PhD or Masters) in Conservation, Natural Sciences, Business Management, International Development, Policy, Sustainability or a related field.
- Higher academic qualifications may be substituted by relevant work experience.
- Technical proficiency in the field of Conservation, Natural-Resource Management or International Development, with at least 10 years professional experience, with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams and networks.
- Proven experience of minimum 8 years in higher management position and successful outcomes in public relations.
- Excellent leadership abilities and capacity to manage human and financial resources, strong skills in strategic planning, policy influencing, operations and finance, projects planning, fundraising, budget implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work effectively with local communities, governments and private/corporate sector.
- Proven capacity to build teams, team work and deliver a team approach.
- Strong knowledge of Peruvian political context and a current network of contacts in country.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills,
- Fully bilingual English-Spanish (written-oral).
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, April 30, 2018
- This position is based in Lima, Peru.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.