Youth Volunteer & Internship Programme
So. You want to save the planet?
To take part we'll make you jump through several hoops - namely a torturous application form.
But if you get selected....
If you've got what it takes...
You are going to be in for the experience of a lifetime...
What you've already got...
- A commitment to conservation
- An ability to adapt to changing situations
- An ability to work respectfully in cross-cultural situations
- An ability to take direction from supervisors
- The confidence to provide feedback to supervisors
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- A capacity for ongoing learning
What you'll work on...
- Conservation of Toliara Coral Reef
- Water Resource Management for the Mahafaly Plateau
- Fandriana-Marolambo Forest Landscape Restoration
- Holistic Conservation Programme for Forests
What you'll learn...
- Gain an insight and awareness of conservation as WWF practices it
- Get an idea of the day-to-day reality & living standards of people in developing nations
- Increase your cross-cultural understanding
- Significantly improve your communication skills
- Enhance your teamwork skills
- Evolve your self-reliance skills
- Improve your innate adaptability
BUT FIRST, TAKE A LOOK AT OUR OPENINGS
AND IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER/INTERN WITH WWF IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY, SEE HERE FOR LINKS TO THE WWF NATIONAL VOLUNTEER/INTERNSHIP WEB PAGES
More info on WWF's work...
Bhutan / Living Himalayas
Cameroon/Green Heart of Africa
and here is the latest edition of WWF's Conservation Highlights
Volunteer/Interns in WWF Priority Programmes
- Global Forest & Trade Network: Emma Stapleton
- Communications: Chhorvida Khem
- Manambolo-Tsiribihina Landscape; Protecting Mangroves & Climate Change Adaptation: Prisca Abdoul, Valentin Hernoux, Mario Ray, Prudence Ndabasanze, Andreas Nyffenegger, Fanomezana Rabakoarisoa
- Protection de la forêt tropicale et amélioration des moyens d’existence de la population locale dans le nord de Madagascar: Laura Angelstorf, Rindra Randriandimbimahazo, Andry Rakotondramary, Alexa Markel, Santatra Rakotondrasoa, Anthonio Randrianantenaina
- Communications, Fiji:
- Sustainable Seafood Programme, Fiji: Ashley Crowther
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Development, Gizo, Solomon Islands: Rachel Wang
- Communications, Malaysia: