Youth Volunteer Internship Programme
So. You want to save the planet?
To take part we'll make you jump through several hoops - namely a torturous application form.
But if you get selected....
If you've got what it takes...
You are going to be in for the experience of a lifetime...
What you've already got...
- A commitment to conservation
- An ability to adapt to changing situations
- An ability to work respectfully in cross-cultural situations
- An ability to take direction from supervisors
- The confidence to provide feedback to supervisors
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- A capacity for ongoing learning
- A keen interest to work with local communities
What you'll work on...
- Conservation of Toliara Coral Reef
- Water Resource Management for the Mahafaly Plateau
- Fandriana-Marolambo Forest Landscape Restoration
- Holistic Conservation Programme for Forests
What you'll learn...
- Gain an insight and awareness of conservation as WWF practices it
- Get an idea of the day-to-day reality & living standards of people in developing nations
- Increase your cross-cultural understanding
- Significantly improve your communication skills
- Enhance your teamwork skills
- Evolve your self-reliance skills
- Improve your innate adaptability
BUT FIRST, TAKE A LOOK AT OUR OPENINGS
AND IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER/INTERN WITH WWF IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY, SEE HERE FOR LINKS TO THE WWF NATIONAL VOLUNTEER/INTERNSHIP WEB PAGES
More info on WWF's work...
- how it involves People & Conservation
- the recent achievements and challenges to protect biodiversity and reduce humanity’s footprint in priority areas of the global conservation programme latest edition of WWF's Conservation Highlights
- in some of the places where volunteer interns are working...
Volunteer Interns in WWF Priority Programmes
- Global Forest Trade Network:
- Communications, Vietnam: Kayleigh Ghiot
- Mangrove & fisheries management and poverty reduction in Ambaro Bay: Andry Andriamiadanarivo, Monica Chiriac, Stephanie Farrell, Sidonie Maurin, Clara Obregón Lafuente, Lovasoa Razafindravony, Marco Simons
- Communications, Climate Change & Market Transformation:
- African Elephant Programme:
- Communications: Edwin Shivo
- Communications, Thailand:
Bilyana Spasova, Bulgaria