Youth Volunteer & Internship Programme
So. You want to save the planet?
To take part we'll make you jump through several hoops - namely a torturous application form.
But if you get selected....
If you've got what it takes...
You are going to be in for the experience of a lifetime...
What you've already got...
- A commitment to conservation
- An ability to adapt to changing situations
- An ability to work respectfully in cross-cultural situations
- An ability to take direction from supervisors
- The confidence to provide feedback to supervisors
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- A capacity for ongoing learning
What you'll work on...
- Conservation of Toliara Reef
- Water Resource Management for the Mahafaly Plateau
- Fandriana-Marolambo Forest Landscape Restoration
- Holistic Conservation Programme for Forests
What you'll learn...
- Gain an insight and awareness of conservation as WWF practices it
- Get an idea of the day-to-day reality & living standards of people in developing nations
- Increase your cross-cultural understanding
- Significantly improve your communication skills
- Enhance your teamwork skills
- Evolve your self-reliance skills
- Improve your innate adaptability
BUT FIRST, TAKE A LOOK AT OUR OPENINGS
or maybe you are more interested in 'Virtual' Volunteering
AND IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER WITH WWF IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY, SEE HERE FOR LINKS TO THE WWF NATIONAL VOLUNTEER WEB PAGES
More info on WWF's work...
Bhutan / Living Himalayas
Cameroon/Green Heart of Africa
and here is the latest edition of WWF's Conservation Highlights
Volunteer/Interns in WWF Priority Programmes
- Global Forest & Trade Network: Emma Stapleton
- Communications: Chhorvida Khem
- Manambolo-Tsiribihina Landscape; Protecting Mangroves & Climate Change Adaptation: Prisca Abdoul, Valentin Hernoux, Prudence Ndabasanze, Andreas Nyffenegger, Fanomezana Rabakoarisoa, Mario Ray
- Protection de la forêt tropicale et amélioration des moyens d’existence de la population locale dans le nord de Madagascar: Laura Angelstorf, Rindra Randriandimbimahazo, Andry Rakotondramary, Alexa Markel, Santatra Rakotondrasoa
- Communications, Fiji:
- Sustainable Seafood Programme, Fiji: Ashley Crowther
- Species & Global Policy: