- Mr Harison Adriambelo (Madagascar) has begun the final year of his PhD in Ecology at the Université d’Antananarive, Madagascar. His thesis work is entitled Landscape ecology of trees: comparison of Mahamavo tropical dry forest and Ankenijey-Zahamena tropical moist forest, Madagascar.
- Mr Grace Baruka (DRC) will shortly start his Masters in Development at Senghor University in Alexandria, Egypt, specializing in the Management of Protected Areas.
- Ms Michelle Fasona (Nigeria) will attend a Course in Spatial Ecology, Geospatial Analysis & Remote Sensing for Conservation at the Smithsonian-Mason Conservation Biology Institute in USA
- Mr Augustin Feussom (Cameroon) will pursue a Masters in Conservation & Land Management at Bangor University, Wales. The course will examine habitats, wildlife, landscapes and natural and human factors influencing them.
- Ms Tanya Layne (South Africa) works for the South African National Biodiversity Institute and is in the final year of her Masters in Reflective Social Practice at Proteus Initiative. The programme develops faculties to address complex social situations and has a strong environmental focus.
- Ms Chenai Mamvura (Zimbabwe) is in the final semester of her Masters in Geography & Environmental Science at University of Zimbabwe, focussing on application of remote sensing & GIS for environmental sciences, including hydrology, environmental impact assessment and climatology. Chenai is a former intern with the WWF Africa Policy unit.
- Mr Evodius Rutta (Tanzania) is doing an MSc in Natural Resource Management at the University of Dar es Salaam. His research will be on Assessment of Livelihood Options in enhancing sustainable forest resrouces management in Tanzania, case study of Kilway landscape, a WWF Tanzania priority area in the management of Coastal Forests. Evodius is Forest Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at WWF Tanzania.
- Ms Yolande Tembo (Zambia) will study for the Higher Certificate in Nature Conservation at the Southern African Wildlife College, South Africa. Yolande is a Wildlife Police Officer with the Zambia Wildlife Authority.