It is a fact that humans are responsible for extinguishing species at 1,000 times the natural rate seen in evolution. Over the next 100 years, this figure could increase to 10,000. If we don't look out for the future, for the lives of people to come, much of what we have in the world today will have to be examined in museums and taught in school history lessons.
Your life can help life on Earth
The most effective way to contribute to the future of the planet is through planned giving, also known as granting a legacy
or making a bequest
What are the options for leaving a legacy to WWF?
Your gift can take any of the following forms:
- a residual bequest - after making provisions for your family and friends, the balance of your belongings (legally referred to as your "estate") is donated to WWF.
- a percentage of your estate - where a specific percentage of your estate is left to WWF.
- a pecuniary bequest - where a specific sum of money is donated.
- a specific gift bequest - referring to any non-cash items such as shares, property, jewellery, artwork, or other valuables, which can be given to WWF.
- a life insurance/assurance policy.
- a life income plan - where you set up a trust for your dependants, providing them with a regular income, while the principal of the trust (the original amount invested) is paid to your favorite cause after a specified time period - this can also be known as a 'charitable remainder trust'.
The next step is for you to make an appointment with your financial or legal adviser. They can help you to decide what sort of bequest to make. We urge you to consult with a legal or financial adviser to make sure that:
- you can take advantage of any savings in inheritance tax.
- your will is legal and valid for your country.
The truth is that the cost of using a professional adviser is often very little when compared to the legal costs your family may incur should you pass away without leaving a valid will.
International Roll of Thanks
In order to honour your commitment to the future of this planet, WWF would like to place your name (if you wish) on an International Roll of Thanks, which will be held here at the global headquarters of WWF in Switzerland. This acknowledgment is to show our appreciation of your forethought and for the very real fact that you care.
Thank you. Together we can leave our children a living planet.