During 2011-2015 we have:
- Given roughly 70,000 of H&M's employees water training.
- Implemented standards for better water and chemical management in more than 500 wet processing suppliers.
- Developed China's first water stewardship guidelines for the textile industry.
- Established a ground-breaking industrial park project in China, aiming to bring social, economic and ecological benefits to participating suppliers and the surrounding ecosystem. Long term, the project will serve as a model for similar industrial park areas.
- Supported a project to restore the health of the Yangtze River, contributing to the survival of the endangered river porpoise and more sustainable practices used by farmers in the river basin.
- Brought forth analysis of the economic risk factors for the apparel industry and the crucial link to sustainable water use. This report
can be used to bolster the case for investment in water management.