Posted on 11 July 2019
Location: Zeist, Netherlands
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Executive Assistant and Team Coordinator, Markets Practice
for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International in Zeist, Netherlands
Mission of the Department:
The Markets Practice guides WWF’s overall strategy to engage with Markets to deliver against WWF’s Global Goals. It identifies strategic opportunities for influence and partnership and works with the WWF Network and external partners to deliver against these opportunities. This includes WWF’s engagement with the corporate sector (i.e. which sectors and players are most strategic to WWF’s goals) as well as producers and consumers. The Practice also leverages and engages with multi-sectoral business platforms (e.g. Consumer Goods Forum, WBCSD, UN Global Compact) and multi-stakeholder initiatives as a means to drive change towards WWF’s goals.
Support the Practice Leader in the fulfilment and execution of duties, both to ensure the efficient management of the Practice and to liaise effectively with other WWF International Divisions, Practices and WWF National Organizations, Programme Offices and Associates, as well as external partners and contacts. To assist the Practice Leader in the day-to-day management of their core team with designated administrative duties and support the core team members in the effective fulfilment and execution of their functions. Operate and perform to the highest professional standards, with considerable independence, diversified secretarial duties and designated administrative duties using initiative and judgment, high level organizational skills and knowledge of company policy.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Manages the administration of the Practice Leader and their core team, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Serves as an initial point of contact for the Markets Practice by monitoring the team’s group email address and responding directly or referring to others as needed
- Organizes, prioritizes and tracks agenda, meetings, appointments and endeavours to streamline the Practice Leaders’ workload and ensures timely responses to invitations and other requests
- Provides support for meetings, conferences or specific subjects and coordinates and prepares all relevant documents and briefing packs
- Organizes travel for the Practice Leader and core team, including flights, accommodation and other logistics and coordinates and prepares documents related to travel such as visas and expense reports; keeping Climate Friendly CO2 info up-to-date
- Supports the Deputy Practice Leader in managing the team’s financial health, for example, by helping with contracting and invoicing
- Supports Markets Practice ACAIs and focal point community by maintaining electronic mailing lists, scheduling meetings, and distributing materials
- Contributes to the Markets Practice online presence through Workplace
- Maintains electronic filing system through AODocs
- Creates presentations and spreadsheets
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Practice Leader
Required Skills and Competencies
- Personal assistant training from a commercial college or equivalent
- At least 8-10 years’ relevant experience as a senior or executive assistant in an international environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- A flexible working style, absolute discretion and unfailing diplomacy
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels
- Responsive, efficient and a positive manner and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Capacity and willingness to take initiative, proactive attitude
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; other languages would be an advantage;
- Computer literate and numerate
- Interest in conservation
- Experience working in the WWF Network
- Clearly demonstrates behaviours aligned to the culture of WWF: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply?
***Read carefully ***
Please follow guidelines on our recruitment plateform. We will not consider applications without a CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications: by 1st August 2019.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Work permit restrictions may apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.