Posted on 06 June 2019
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Business Analyst
for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
€ 38,893 gross per year, based on full-time employment.
Mission of the Department
To ensure a high performing Network globally that delivers conservation impact by:
- Strengthening WWF Network’s performance at global, regional, country and initiative level and delivering WWF Network’s strategic performance framework
- Ensuring effective mechanisms are in place for Offices, Practices and Initiatives strategy development, planning, performance monitoring, reporting, and knowledge sharing, as well as for Practice and Initiative Operations
- Developing standards and processes for Integrated Planning and Performance Management (IPM), using IPM to improve Network effectiveness and impact
Responsible for performance monitoring and collection and analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets. Relates the performance reviews to the strategies of the organisation. Benchmarks WWF Network and office performance against relevant market and competitive parameters. Improves key performance indicators to measure the organisational strategies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathers relevant KPI or other data from Offices, Practices and Functional Communities in preparation of analysis and reporting
- Produce high quality strategic analyses and presentations to measure and drive performance at WWF globally and at office level
- Support and train WWF offices, Practices and Functional Communities in their performance review against established KPIs
- Provide external benchmarking analysis to put WWF performance in the context of relevant external peers
- Ensure that performance monitoring and analysis reflects WWF Reporting and Accounting Principles and the WWF Operational Network Standards
- Consolidate and communicate effectively analytical results to the organisation
- Consider and recommend how to better link global and office-level reporting through specific case studies
- Build strong working relationships across the organisation (WWF offices, WWF International staff)
- Ensure efficient coordination with the broader team
- Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Business Analyst, or Director, Planning and Performance
Required Skills and Competencies
- University degree in business administration, marketing, finance or economics
- Business analysis certification (e.g. CCBA, CBAP), management accounting qualification (e.g. ACMA, CFA) or any suitable professional experience is desirable
- At least 3-5 years practical, hands-on experience in management, economic or financial analysis and / or consulting
- At ease with data including data modelling but also able to tell the story behind the numbers
- Experience with relational database management systems
- Experience in an international, multi-cultural working environment desirable
- Experience in conservation monitoring (M&E) desirable
How to apply?
***Read carefully ***
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written English); other languages an asset
- Detail-oriented, rigorous and precise
- Strong Excel experience required
- Ability to be critical yet constructive in finding solutions
- Ability to handle complexity and multi-tasking
- Systems thinker, logical, creative and problem solver
- Excellent presentation skills
- Diplomatic and able to interact credibly with WWF senior management
- Team player
- Interest in conservation
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
Upload your English covering letter and CV as one file
on our platform.
We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications: by 17 June 2019.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.